DFA Executive Committee Member
Ms Sharon Carr
- 1988 Developed social awareness of the tragedy of drug abuse through a widened exposure in a career that took Ms Carr travelling worldwide for 25 years in addition to social science and humanities studies.
- 2006 An individual close to Ms Carr was trapped in a chronic cycle of heroin and cocaine addiction. Consequently she consulted experts in heroin and cocaine addiction. As a result of Ms Carr’s investigations, she saw firsthand the benefits of opioid antagonist treatment, Naltrexone, counseling programs, compliance monitoring and urine drug testing.
- 2011-2015 Member Drug Free Australia
- 2011-2013 Chairperson of the Addiction Treatment Foundation Inc.
- 2012 Assisted preparation of submissions to NSW Parliament Legislative Assembly Committee, titled “Effectively Treating Opiate Addiction (2013)”
- Has an ongoing commitment to aid public awareness in abstinence based treatments and support for families who are the victims of drug and alcohol addiction.