This section deals with critical health issues related to the most commonly used and lethal illicit drugs. If you are concerned about someone you know who may be affected by drug abuse, we urge you to consider supporting them to seek medical advice.
Drug Facts - did you know?
- Did you know that inhalation of cleaning products, correction fluid and aerosol sprays can cause permanent brain damage?
- Did you know that smoking marijuana is addictive
- Did you know that smoking can make your asthma worse
- Did you know that the average time it takes to excrete marijuana through urine is anywhere between 3 and 57 days
- Did you know that marijuana cigarettes have more tar than tobacco, placing cannabis users at an increased risk of respiratory illnesses such as lung cancer and chronic bronchitis
- Young people who have used marijuana 3 times or more by 18 years old are more likely to have a psychiatric disorder by 26 years old
- Men who smoke may suffer impotence