Jose Carranza, MD, has spent the past thirty years practicing psychiatry and studying addictions. He explains exactly what is in this supposedly harmless substance. Marijuana contains ten different psychotropic drugs and more than four hundred chemicals that could damage your brain and influence your mental processes. The book also discusses
- ·the neurological effects of marijuana,
- ·the role pot can play in triggering psychosis,
- ·the lies behind the idea of “medical marijuana,”
- ·the link between the surge of violent crimes in America and marijuana use, and
- ·the surprisingly good news for smokers who are committed to quitting.